Natural Resources Defense Council: Smarter Living
The Natural Resources Defense Council is environmental action group of 1.3 million members including more than 350 lawyers, scientists and other professionals.
The Smarter Living sections include a wide range of resources and information, including
- A searchable Chemical Index to learn about chemicals commonly used in everyday products, find out what the health concerns and sources of exposure are, and how to stay safe.
- An eating local section with maps to local farmer’s markets, search box for produce in season by state, food label information, and more
- Food tips and news, including recipes and shopping wise advice
- Health tips and news, including health reports and pet care advice
- Home and yard tips and news under topics as energy, water & air, yard & garden
- Smart Shopper’s Guides
- Household Products Databases - This database links over 8,000 consumer brands to health effects from Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) provided by the manufacturers and allows scientists and consumers to research products based on chemical ingredients
- ToxNet - Databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health, and toxic releases
- Great News! (chefann.com)
- Keeping Your Food and Water Safe (everydayhealth.com)
- 42 Disease Clusters Identified In U.S. (huffingtonpost.com)
- “Natural Resources Defense Council: One out of three counties in the US lower 48 states faces an increased risk of water shortages due to climate change” and related posts (coyotegulch.wordpress.com)
- Poll: Most Americans Support EPA and Clean Energy (doyourpart.com)
- Eating Environmentally (everydayhealth.com)
- Do you live in one of the nation’s ‘smartest regions for transportation’? (grist.org)
No comments yet.