From a recent USA.gov email I rec’d
It’s Men’s Health Week! If you haven’t been for a physical exam in awhile, it’s probably time to:
Great additional information at the US CDC National Men’s Health Week
What Men Can Do
- Lead by example. Be smoke-free, prevent injuries, and eat healthy.
- Wear Blue: Choose a day that works for you, your group or team and wear blue to raise awareness about men’s health. Encourage others to wear blue.
- Wear Blue to remind men of the importance of staying healthy.
- Wear Blue and become part of a national health movement.
- Find health providers which have weekend and evening appointments or have offices conveniently located close to home or work.
- Stay up on the latest about men’s health at CDC by signing up for email updates in the top right corner of the Men’s Health website.
What Women Can Do
- Point out the connection between good health, physical, and mental performance in sports, work stamina, etc.
- Encourage the men in your life to live a healthy lifestyle and get medical attention when needed.
- Recruit male friends or relatives with good health habits to help reinforce lifestyle messages.
- Point out the connection between good health and good physical, and mental performance in sports, work stamina, etc.
- Remind him that his children will be influenced by the example he sets when forming life-long health habits.
- Agree on an exercise routine that involves, and is enjoyable to, the both of you. If necessary, make the exercise out to be something for you that you need his support for even if it’s primarily for his own benefit.
Send a men’s health e-card!
- This is Men’s Health Week … usa.gov (point4counterpoint.wordpress.com)
- Men’s Health Week – Bringing Awareness to a Silent Crisis (fyrtblog.org)
- Men’s Health Week Hits the International Stage (prnewswire.com)
- ‘Heart attack’ dads urged to get healthy in Men’s Health Week (theepochtimes.com)
- What the Mad Men Could Learn About Men’s Health (usnews.com)
- Men’s health: What you don’t eat may hurt you (boston.com)
- Men’s Health Check-up List (gosanangelo.com)
- Stiff Resistance to Penis Talk Softens During National Men’s Health Week (prweb.com)