I interviewed about 150 medical leaders just a few years ago for my book The Future of Medicine – Megatrends in Healthcare. Not one mentioned wireless devices as a coming megatrend. How fast the world changes! Nowadays everyone has a cell phone and we rarely stop to think that just two decades ago almost no one had them. We have a laptop or tablet computer that can access information from the web at very high rates of speed; again it is hard to remember when this wasn’t so. And those with smart phones have numerous “apps” – to check traffic conditions, find the nearest Starbucks, or play games. But these and other devices that use wireless technology will lead to major changes in the delivery of health care in the coming years. This is another of those coming medical megatrends.
Read the rest of Wireless devices will dramatically change how medicine is practiced on KevinMD.com.
- Unintended consequences of patient portals (kevinmd.com)
- Invasion of the Body Hackers? Wireless Medical Devices Susceptible to Attacks (tjantunen.com)
- Mobile Security Requires More Than Secure Wireless Devices (aviatnetworks.com)
We now include several invasive species in our Smart Seafood Guide! Invasive species are those that have been brought into an environment in which they are not native — either accidentally, or sometimes intentionally, to fix another problem. …
…We’ve analyzed over 100 different fish and shellfish to create the only guide assessing not only the human health and environmental impacts of eating certain seafood, but also the socio-economic impacts on coastal and fishing communities….
…Our guide recommends safer, more sustainable options based on your personal tastes and priorities…
- Can’t Eliminate an Invasive Species? Try Eating It. – NYTimes.com (mentalflowers.wordpress.com)
- Go Fish! But Should It Be Wild or Farmed? (fitsugar.com)
- Answer for Invasive Species: Put It on a Plate and Eat It (nytimes.com)
- Innovative Approach To Invasive Species: EAT THEM!!! (naturalhistorywanderings.com)