The Case for Personalized Medicine: Interview with Edward Abrahams of PMC
This article in the 25 November Science Roll blog has interview Q and A’s with Edward Abrahams, Ph.D. of the Personalized Medicine Coalition. Topics include RNA sequencing, gene sequencing economics, and gene sequencing statistics.
The third edition of The Case for Personalized Medicine (PDF) was released a week ago
The power in tailored therapeutics is for us to say more clearly to payers, providers, and patients—‘this drug is not for everyone, but it is for you.’ That is exceedingly powerful.”
John C. Lechleiter, Ph.D.
President and Chief Executive Officer, Eli Lilly and Company
As the field advances, we expect to see more efficient clinical trials based on a more thorough understanding of the genetic basis of disease. We also anticipate that some previously failed medications will be recognized as safe and effective and will be approved for subgroups of patients with specific genetic markers.”
Margaret Hamburg, M.D.
Commissioner, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Francis Collins, M.D., Ph.D.
Director, National Institutes of Health
- 72 Prominent Personalized Medicine Products Available; A Five-Fold Increase In Five Years (bioresearchonline.com)
- Personalized medicine’s opportunities and challenges for clinicians, business (medcitynews.com)
- CEPMED Hosts Pioneers in Personalized Medicine in Montreal at the International Economic Forum (prweb.com)
- Leading Health Executives to Speak at Dorland Health’s Care Coordination Summit, October 5th in Washington, DC (prweb.com)
- Personalized Medicine (hospitalphysicians.com)
- New and varied imaging techniques facilitate personalized medicine (jflahiff.wordpress.com)
No comments yet.